POSITION: Development Associate: New York
The Ireland Funds America
- Headquartered in NYC
- Total Staff 15
The Ireland Funds is a global philanthropic network established in 1976 to promote and support peace, culture, education and community development throughout the island of Ireland, and Irish-related causes around the world. With chapters in 12 countries, The Ireland Funds has raised over $600 million for deserving causes in Ireland and beyond, benefiting more than 3,200 different organizations.
The Ireland Funds America is the largest and most active of The Ireland Funds and, because of its size and history, serves as the nodal chapter of the global organization. The fundraising and grant making of The Ireland Funds America, collectively, represents over 90% of the funds raised through the global network. The Ireland Funds America is one of the largest private grant makers for the nonprofit sector in Ireland.
The Ireland Funds America is headquartered in New York with operations staff in Boston and Development teams in New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas & San Francisco.
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE & ACTIVITY
The Ireland Funds America fundraising is focused on individual and corporate donors through donor engagement and through a consultative approach. Our calendar includes a series of high-end events in cities across the US including New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Palm Beach and San Francisco, through donor cultivation and solicitation by our Fundraising and Development team and through engagement with several partner organizations.
TITLE: Development Associate
ENTITY: THE IRELAND FUNDS AMERICA
LOCATION: New York City
REPORTS TO: President / Chief Development Officer
Based in 345 Park Avenue, the Development Associate will serve as a key member of the Development team. The Development Associate will be responsible for supporting personnel focused on revenue generation. Specific responsibility for leading the growth and development of our growing numbers of networks and societies including our Young Leader Network.
This position is responsible for supporting the President, VP Development and Development team in the growth of our donor network, the identification and cultivation of new prospective supporters and the implementation of specialized donor cultivation events.
The Development Associate will be responsible for supporting relationship management of our existing Donors, our expanding donor base and leading philanthropists across the United States.
- Expand the Donor high net worth network by identifying new prospects
- Specific responsibility for developing next generation network of donors
- Participate as a pro-active, committed and impactful member of Development team
- Regular revenue reporting to the President & Chief Development Officer
- Generate leads and prospect follow-up across the US for Development team
- Support Development organization with reports on activities through our CRM database
- Provide support to Development organization for events and strategic initiatives
- Provide marketing and communications support for the Development team
- Plan and management of annual Global Summit for our next generation networks
- 7 years+ sales / marketing experience dealing with C-Suite executives
- Always-on mindset
- Flexible and adaptable in high-paced work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding communications and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- Instant credibility with our support base
- Evidence of volunteer, participation, social causes engagement of high importance
THE INTERVIEW PROCESS AND RECRUITMENT TIMEFRAME
- Interviews with Chief Financial Officer, VP Development and President
- Goal is for role to start by June 2020.
Email a copy of your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter addressed to Conall McGonagle, CFO, The Ireland Funds America, identifying why you are suited to this role.