POSITION: Director of Development: New York
The Ireland Funds America
- Headquartered in NYC
- Total Staff 15
The Ireland Funds is a global philanthropic network established in 1976 to promote and support peace, culture, education and community development throughout the island of Ireland, and Irish-related causes around the world. With chapters in 12 countries, The Ireland Funds has raised over $600 million for deserving causes in Ireland and beyond, benefiting more than 3,200 different organizations.
The Ireland Funds America is the largest and most active of The Ireland Funds and, because of its size and history, serves as the nodal chapter of the global organization. The fundraising and grant making of The Ireland Funds America, collectively, represents over 90% of the funds raised through the global network. The Ireland Funds America is one of the largest private grant makers for the nonprofit sector in Ireland.
The Ireland Funds America is headquartered in New York with operations staff in Boston and Development team in New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas & San Francisco.
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE & ACTIVITY
The Ireland Funds America fundraising is focused on individual and corporate donors through donor engagement and through a consultative approach. Our calendar includes a series of high-end events in cities across the US including New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Palm Beach and San Francisco, through donor cultivation and solicitation by our Fundraising and Development team and through engagement with several partner organizations.
TITLE: Director of Development
ENTITY: THE IRELAND FUNDS AMERICA
LOCATION: New York City
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
Based in New York City, the Director of Development will serve as a key member of the Development team and will be responsible for revenue generation (multi-million annually) for the organization in the Tri-state area. This position is responsible for the delivery of targets relating to fundraising events and major gifts initiatives. The Director of Development will be responsible for the care and relationship management with our existing Donors, forging new relationships with an expanded donor base and engaging leading philanthropists in the Tristate area.
- Successfully identify and secure significant philanthropic gifts (>$25k) from high net worth individuals, corporations, foundations and family offices
- Drive lead generation and prospect identification with regular progress reporting to the President & CEO
- Be accountable for leads and prospect follow-up generated by Development support and report activities through the CRM database
- Expand the Donor high net worth network by identifying prospects and building relationships
- Participate as a pro-active, committed and impactful member of Development team
- Detailed sharing of prospect pipeline reporting with fellow directors in other geographies on a continuous basis via Development calls and using CRM
- Responsible for implementing the fundraising strategic plan in NYC.
- Manage a dynamic portfolio of prospects. Create individualized engagement plans for newly identified, known and existing prospects
- Engage and develop partnerships with corporates, foundations and family offices
- Expertise in every stage of prospect pipeline management from identification to solicitation and stewardship
- Management and development of existing Donor relationships
- Responsible for our annual flagship fundraising event (New York Gala / $2.5 million +)
- 10+ year sales experience dealing with C-Suite executives
- Proven career experience working in professional services/mid-large non-profit/wealth management
- Experienced individual contributor
- Always-on mindset
- Proven track record of delivering and over-achieving sales results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work autonomously and to deliver results to KPIs
- Extraordinary gravitas and instant credibility with our support base
- Evidence of volunteer, participation, social causes engagement of high importance
- Regular regional and US travel with Ireland travel as required
THE INTERVIEW PROCESS AND RECRUITMENT TIMEFRAME
- Interviews with President & CEO, Chief Financial Officer and Board leadership
- Goal is for the role to start in Q3 2020
Email a copy of your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter addressed to David Cronin, President & CEO, The Ireland Funds America, identifying why you are suited to this role.